The Game Art & Design program prepares students for a career in the interactive entertainment industry through immersive training in core-competency areas; including fine arts, theory, and projects that mirror the professional pipeline production environment of a video game designer. Graduates are prepared for entry-level positions in the Game Art & Design industry, as well as in related fields.
- Develop fine art skills and an aesthetic foundation that supports all subsequent work.
- Build skill sets in 2D computer graphics, scripting, 3D modeling, animation, texture, and lighting.
- Design and develop a game level through group work that simulates professional pipeline production techniques.
- Pursue and polish skills in a main focus (Environmental Artists, Texture Artists, Modeler, Level Designer, Character Artists, Etc.).
- Create an individual game level highlighting assets personally produced for a final project.
In addition to taking General Education classes that are designed to develop essential academic skills for enhanced and continued life-long learning, our students also take courses in our Common Core program. Our Common Core curriculum provides every student with instruction in digital media literacy and 21st century design skills. These multidisciplinary courses combine practical training in digital video, audio, and design with guided development of “soft skills” such as storytelling, critical thinking, collaboration, resume writing, and job interview practice.
View the full Game Art & Design curriculum here.